You always remain in control of the information you provide to the Company. We may collect the following personally identifiable information: your name, email, school district, years of experience teaching, grade levels primarily taught, and subjects taught.
We collect this information in two ways; first, you voluntarily submit this information to us as part of establishing an account to access educational material on the site, and second, a representative of your employer may submit your information to us as part of an institution-wide license to the materials on the site.
Some site material involves submitting video designed to help you improve as an educator. Submitting this video is voluntary.
Individuals who use the site have the option to share links to videos they record with co-workers, friends or other individuals in order to solicit feedback on their understanding of the material on the site. We will collect your email address if it was provided by an educator for this purpose.
We may also collect, maintain and use contact information you have voluntarily submitted so that we can contact you to respond to your comments or requests for information.
Your personal information will generally be stored in the Company’s databases, which are located in the United States. Our policy is to ensure that your information is always granted the same level of protection no matter where it is stored.
USE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Upon our collection of your personally identifiable information, the Company may use such personally identifiable information internally, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- To provide any requested services;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Site, or any services, as requested;
- To improve our products;
- To customize your experience, content or homepage on the Site;
- To generate aggregate statistical studies and conduct research; or
- To provide any legitimate business service or product.
The Company reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information based on the good faith belief that such action is necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, or (b) act in urgent circumstances to protect the safety or security of the public or of users of the Company's services and/or the Site.
DATA SHARING AND TRANSFER
The Company does not use advertising services on its site and does not share any personally-identifiable or aggregate information with advertisers. The following sections describe cases where we will share information with third-parties:
- Other users of the site. The Site allows registered users to share recorded video by providing an email address. If you use this functionality, please be aware that the recipient of the email will have access to the videos you share, which may include images of you.
- Third-party integrations. The Company contracts with two third parties to provide specific functionality on the Site. First, the Company uses the Cameratag service to provide video recording and hosting services. Video that you record through the Site will be processed and stored on Cameratag’s servers, and will contain images of you if you voluntarily record yourself through its service. Second, the Company uses Google Analytics to help the Company understand how its Site is used and to improve the experience for its users. All information shared with Google is aggregate and non-identifying; no personally-identifiable information is shared.
In the event that the Company is involved in a transaction such as a merger, stock purchase or sale, or sale of substantially all of the Company's assets, personal information may be transferred to the other party in such transaction under the same level of security it had before the transaction.
"DO NOT TRACK" REQUESTS
Some Web browsers can be configured to send a "Do Not Track" header with any requests. Because the Site does not use any third-party advertising nor does it track users outside of their use of the Site, the Site does not behave any differently when a user sends a Do Not Track request through their browser.
We take the following steps to make all information received from you online as secure as reasonably possible against unauthorized access and use:
- Our engineering team is dedicated to keeping your personal information secure.
- We continually develop and implement features to keep your personal information safe.
- When you enter any information anywhere on the Site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS) by default.
- We ensure passwords are stored and transferred securely using encryption and salted hashing.
- The Site is hosted on servers at a third-party facility, with whom we have a contract providing for enhanced security measures. For example, personal information is stored on a server equipped with industry standard firewalls. In addition, the hosting facility provides a 24x7 security system, video surveillance, intrusion detection systems and locked cage areas.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
We attempt to keep your files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. You may update your personal information in one of the following ways:
You also may write to us directly if you wish to update or delete your account or contact information. Such written requests should be sent to the Company at the address below:
Director of TLAC Online
25 Broadway, 3rd Fl
New York, NY 10004
The Company makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from locations outside the State of New York. do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations.
Users Residing in the U.K. or European Union
Please review our General Data Protection Regulation guidelines
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Director of TLAC Online
25 Broadway, 3rd Fl
New York, NY 10004